Congrats to all 2014 Computer Game Design Program Grads!
Graduate Computer Game Design Courses offered now!
Although the full Masters of Arts degree in Computer Game Design will officially be offered Fall 2014, the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) is offering four graduate computer game design courses each semester during the 2013/14 academic year. These courses will be offered under the CVPA heading, and will be fully transferable, up to a total of 12-credits, into the MA degree program starting the Fall 2014 semester.
Fall 2013 Computer Game Design Graduate Courses:
- CVPA 592 001 Advanced Game Art, Grimsby, Thursday, 7:20PM-10:00PM, AB 1018
- CVPA 592 002 Game Production, Wren, Tuesday, 4:30PM-7:10PM, AB 1018
- CVPA 592 003 Game Bus, Entrep, Martin, Wednesday, 7:20PM-10:00PM, PW-BRH247
- CVPA 592 004 Rsrch Methods, Hudson, Thursday, 4:30PM-7:10PM, PW-OB203
Apply for a direct exchange to the University of Abertay-Dundee, the first university in the world to offer a degree in Computer Game Design. Semester or year-long studies are offered. 12-16 transfer credits per semester in a variety of disciplines (courses in foreign languages available). For more information: click here.
Interactive Virtual Incident Simulator
Fairfax County Fire Department and GMU Game Design team up to make a fire training simulator!
GMU Game Design graduates and interns collaborate with Fairfax County Fire Department firefighters and commanding officers to create a simulator to aid in their training and assessing process. We'll keep you posted on the progress via the I.V.I.S. page
- 7/15/2014: GMU Computer Game Design is at the Top of its Game!
- 7/2/2014: GMU Game Design Joins The Higher Education Video Game Alliance
- 5/22/2014: GMU Game Design to offer first degree combining game design and sports
- 5/10/2014: GMU Game Design Ranked #11 as Top 25 Game Design and Development Schools on the East Coast!
- 4/23/2014: The 2014 Senior Game Expo on 5/13/2014
Simulation and Game Institute Opens on the Prince William Campus!
Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Scholarships Available!
There are two video-game related scholarships available for the 2014-2015 academic school year!
Deadline June 30!
University President Ángel Cabrera Visits SGI
Thank you to President Ángel Cabrera for taking the time to visit the Simulation and Game Institute on the Prince William Campus.
Don't just play games, start creating them! Computer Game Design is one of the fastest growing fields of study that incorporates computer technology, visual arts, and music with creative & critical thinking and problem solving skills. Your adventure begins here! Learn the fundamentals of designing a computer game for your computer or your phone. From there, you can "level up" with creating apps, game modding, game art/animation, and more!
Applicants to the BFA in Computer Game Design program are strongly encouraged to attend one of our program open houses. These events will allow students to meet faculty and students in our program and participate in activities related to game design and portfolio development. Students are encouraged to bring whatever work they already have completed in the form of a web portfolio.
NOTE: Students who are unable to attend an open house are still able to apply for and join the major.***