Graduate Computer Game Design Courses offered now!
Although the full Masters of Arts degree in Computer Game Design will officially be offered Fall 2014 (pending SCHEV approval), the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) is offering four graduate computer game design courses each semester during the 2013/14 academic year. These courses will be offered under the CVPA heading, and will be fully transferable, up to a total of 12-credits, into the MA degree program starting the Fall 2014 semester.
Fall 2013 Computer Game Design Graduate Courses:
- CVPA 592 001 Advanced Game Art, Grimsby, Thursday, 7:20PM-10:00PM, AB 1018
- CVPA 592 002 Game Production, Wren, Tuesday, 4:30PM-7:10PM, AB 1018
- CVPA 592 003 Game Bus, Entrep, Martin, Wednesday, 7:20PM-10:00PM, PW-BRH247
- CVPA 592 004 Rsrch Methods, Hudson, Thursday, 4:30PM-7:10PM, PW-OB203
Apply for a direct exchange to the University of Abertay-Dundee, the first university in the world to offer a degree in Computer Game Design. Semester or year-long studies are offered. 12-16 transfer credits per semester in a variety of disciplines (courses in foreign languages available). For more information: click here.
Interactive Virtual Incident Simulator
Fairfax County Fire Department and GMU Game Design team up to make a fire training simulator!
GMU Game Design graduates and interns collaborate with Fairfax County Fire Department firefighters and commanding officers to create a simulator to aid in their training and assessing process. We'll keep you posted on the progress via the I.V.I.S. page
Dell March Promo!
Featuring the Venue 11 Pro including a case and 1 year of Accidental Damage for $489. Quantities are limited at this price, so act fast!
Search Order Code: FTMOD02h to get this deal.
Also pick up the Inspiron M531R, loaded with an AMD® Quad Core A8-5545M Processor®, Windows 8.1, 6GB Memory & 750GB Hard Drive, and a 15.6" HD display for $449. Perfect for on the go and everyday use.
Also don't forget to take part in the Dell Advantage Double Rewards! Join Dell Advantage for free and get 10% back in rewards on any purchase financed using a Dell Preferred Account™
Join Dell Advantage for free at dell.com/advantage.
- Members can shop at www.dell.com/dellu/GMUGameDesign to take advantage of this month's deals
Or call 1-800-695-8133
Member ID: US24504485
- 3/11/2014: STEM+ Women Conference @ GMU Fairfax, March 25, 2014
- 2/28/2014: SGI: New Incubator for Games
- 2/3/2014: Congratulations to GMU Faculty, Interns and Fairfax County Fire Personnel for receiving the Fire Chief's Commendation Award!
- 1/3/2014: Mason Students Create First Mobile Game Through Zaah On Campus Partnership
- 12/11/2013: Mason Game & Technology Institute Teaching/TA Positions and Paid Internships!
Congratulations to the first Computer Game Design undergraduate class-2013!
University President Ángel Cabrera Visits SGI
Thank you to President Ángel Cabrera for taking the time to visit the Simulation and Game Institute on the Prince William Campus.
Don't just play games, start creating them! Computer Game Design is one of the fastest growing fields of study that incorporates computer technology, visual arts, and music with creative & critical thinking and problem solving skills. Your adventure begins here! Learn the fundamentals of designing a computer game for your computer or your phone. From there, you can "level up" with creating apps, game modding, game art/animation, and more!
Applicants to the BFA in Computer Game Design program are strongly encouraged to attend one of our program open houses. These events will allow students to meet faculty and students in our program and participate in activities related to game design and portfolio development. Students are encouraged to bring whatever work they already have completed in the form of a web portfolio.
NOTE: Students who are unable to attend an open house are still able to apply for and join the major.***